Stay two-nights at the lakeside bed and breakfast and get an adoption certificate, a photo of your owl, and prime access to water bird sightings, when you book the 'What a Hoot' experience
OSCODA, MI /April 4, 2016 _ Calling all bird lovers (and lovebirds) to the Huron House Bed and Breakfast in Oscoda, Michigan, for a getaway that makes you an instant 'parent' so-to-speak.
The Huron House Bed and Breakfast, a romantic lakeside bed and breakfast known for its prime Lake Huron location and various bird sightings, has put together a getaway specifically with bird lovers in mind. Now guests may stay at the inn and adopt their very own owl -- complete with certificate, photograph, and a guarantee that they'll be notified if their bird is ever recaptured.
"We're thrilled to be working with the Michigan Audubon Society to enable our guests to symbolically adopt an owl," said Al Heminger, owner of the Huron House. "Think this is something very special. It's extremely rare that you can adopt a specific owl and the Michigan Audubon has an exceptional program in place." While owls are hard to see, multiple species have been spotted in and near Oscoda, part of the Huron National Forest, which features more than 400 known bird species.
The 'What a Hoot' experience includes:
· 2-night stay at the Huron House Bed and Breakfast
· Complimentary next-day breakfast-in-bed
· Symbolic adoption of a Northern Saw-Whet Owl (through the Michigan Audubon Society, a $25 value; other owls available at extra cost)
· A 5x7 color photograph of your selected species
· A certificate with your name and a profile for an individual owl banded at Whitefish Point Bird Observatory in Paradise, Michigan
· A guarantee that you will be notified if your owl is ever recaptured
· The satisfaction of knowing that your adoption is helping the Whitefish Point Bird Observatory continue its important research
· Cute owl stuffed animal souvenir with a custom "Had a Hoot at Huron House" bandana
The 'What a Hoot' experience costs start at $475 including taxes for the room, which includes a $25 tax-deductible donation to the Michigan Audubon Society for your adoption of a Northern Saw-Whet Owl -- the adoption is billed separately upon check-in to the B&B. Other adoption possibilities include: Juvenile Saw-whet Owl ($35), Long-eared Owl ($45), Boreal Owl ($55), Barred Owl ($75), Great Gray Owl ($100), Northern Hawk Owl ($150), Short-eared Owl ($175), Snowy Owl ($200). Rooms, and owls, are subject to availability.
'What a Hoot' is available from now through May 22, 2016. Guests planning to attend Spring Fling (April 30-May 1) or the Tawas Point Birding Festival (May 19-22) are encouraged to reserve quickly. Please note - certificate and other materials will be mailed to you directly from the Michigan Audubon Society following your stay at the B&B.
About Huron House
Located on the beach of Lake Huron between Tawas and Oscoda, the Huron House is an award-winning 14 room luxury Bed and Breakfast lakefront destination with stunning Lake Huron views and direct beach access. Huron House features King beds, private decks, fireplaces, personal hot tubs and Jacuzzi tubs, and daily breakfast delivered to guestrooms. Privacy and individual attention define the Huron House experience.
The Huron House Bed and Breakfast is located at 3124 North US-23, Oscoda, Michigan 48750. To make a reservation call (989) 739-9255 or visit www.huronhouse.com