Best Birding Retailer of the Year Awards
Announced at the 2017 Wild Bird Expo™
The Best Birding Retailer of the Year award winners were announced at this year's Wild Bird Expo™, sponsored by Gold Crest Distributing in Mexico, MO. Winners were announced on Wednesday, October 4th during the event's Share Night gathering and are as follows:
- Best Large Store with a Birding Emphasis (Over 1,800 Sq. Feet): All Seasons Wild Bird Stores in locations Bloomington, Eagan, White Bear Lake, Minnetonka and Wayzata, Minnesota
- Best Small Store with a Birding Emphasis (Less than 1,800 Sq. Feet): Birds & Butterflies of Aiken in Aiken, South Carolina
- Best Birding Department in a Multi-Line Store: Ritchie Feed & Seed in Ottawa, Ontario Canada
- Best Birding Department as a funding source for a Non-Profit Organization: Tucson Audubon Society Nature Shop in Tucson, Arizona
- New Category in 2017, Best New Birding Store or Birding Department (24 months or less): Wingard's Market, Wings & Things department in Lexington, South Carolina
Nominees for the awards were submitted by a Candidate Search Committee who were tasked with determining who, in their opinion, demonstrated conscientious effort in advancing the birding hobby and industry. The required criteria included several factors such as: sales volume (total and per / sq. ft.), growth history and advancement of new trends, best practice systems, product selection offered, merchandising, advertising, customer communication and education (websites, social media, etc.), and overall impact within their community and beyond.
The Wild Bird Expo is co-sponsored and hosted by Gold Crest Distributing in Mexico, MO. Grant Toellner, Vice President of Gold Crest Distributing, was quoted to say, "This is the third year that Gold Crest has been privileged to host the Best Birding Retailer Awards. We are honored to take part in helping recognize the leaders of this industry."
For more information about the Best Birding Retailer Awards contact:
Gold Crest Distributing